Sunday, March 28, 2021

ShatterFix Review

Shattering Trepidation


If you've had a mishap with your phone, maybe even reached out to your mobile manufacturer's official support channel only to realize that the quote was frightfully high, scoured the web for a service that fixes phones (at a reasonable rate) in India, then landed on ShatterFix and wanted a data point that aids in your decision-making process, then, fear not - you've come to the right place!


Burning a Hole


Though many manufacturers claim their phones are IP67 - which they may well be - my first experience with having such a phone be exposed to a little bit of water turned out to be an expensive disaster. After approaching the manufacturer, I was told that "fixing" the phone would cost more or less as much as procuring a new one. So rather than get the old one "fixed", I just went ahead and bought a new phone thinking naively that I had put to bed all my mobile woes.

I couldn't have been more wrong. Fast forward a year later, the phone started acting up. Of course, this ominously occurred just weeks after the warranty period expired. Issues on the screen made the mobile irksome to use. I approached the helpful folks at the support channel for my mobile - but quickly realized that I didn't want to pursue this line because it would, once again, likely burn a hole through my pocket.

Great Expectations


So, then, like the Dickens novel with the same title as above, I too - much like Pip - began my online quest to find a service that would fix my phone without dealing me a financial blow. Actually, not like Pip - but you get the idea. Among others, I chanced upon ShatterFix. The reviews on online seemed plentiful and positive. Like with any service these days, there were some outliers, though. I figured I'd lose nothing by diving in head first and experiencing for myself their service first hand - especially since they offered doorstep pickup and drop services across a lot of the country. 

Fixing the Shatter


From the moment I reached out to the ShatterFix team, I genuinely felt that I was in good hands: After I shared the details of my issue, I was told that my screen would need to be replaced - and that this would occur in a few days' time. The quote they provided sounded very reasonable (in comparison to what the manufacturer typically offered anyway.) Also, the customer service rep, shared a coupon over the phone that got me a 10% discount over the price that was advertised online. So do call and talk to them rather than just place an order online. I was also eager to gauge how the doorstep pickup and drop-off service by FedEx functioned.

Here are some points to bear in mind before you send your phone for repair:
  1. You have to make sure that the phone you send is accessible to the ShatterFix technicians - so change and share the passcode online - via the website - or - better yet - perform a full backup on the cloud followed by a factory reset (with no passcode).
  2. Ensure you pack the phone well prior to shipping. I would caution against using the box the phone came in - unless you don't mind losing it - as the package the phone is returned in is by ShatterFix. So, while shipping it in, choose a generic small carton box and add foam and / or bubble wrap so it's not damaged during transit.
After you send it in, it's possible to track the progress of the phone online as it moves through the following stages: Booked, Confirmed, Pickup Scheduled, Under Repair, Dispatched and Delivered. It's clearly a well-oiled unit. Emails were promptly replied to, calls were answered immediately - and any questions or concerns I had were addressed to my satisfaction. That being said, they seem to prefer interacting over the phone than by email - which probably makes sense. Even though there was a slight delay in the timeline, I was kept abreast. I believe they realize the importance of a phone in this day and age and take every effort to return it fully working. Of course, the shipping services by FedEx were smooth.


Repair Without Boundaries


The heading above is ShatterFix's motto - and it aptly describes what they set out to do. It's been several months since my phone was returned to me and it's still working like a charm. Hats off to a team that provides this service across large portions of the subcontinent giving hassled customers a solution to continue using their phones without breaking the bank!










No comments:

Post a Comment